If wrinkles must be written on our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirt should never grow old. – james a. Garfield (Taken with Instagram at Cranky’s Cafe)
Kindle, carafe of water, sidecar of ice & American absinthe. (Taken with Instagram at Fada)
The beautiful and imperishable comes into existence due to the suffering of individual perishable creatures who themselves are not beautiful, and must be reshaped to form a template from which the beautiful is printed (forged, extracted, converted). This is the terrible law of the universe. This is the basic law; it is a fact… Absolute suffering leads to — is the means to — absolute beauty.
Happy Feet Friday! (Taken with Instagram at World Economic Forum USA)
* Sense-making. The ability to determine the deeper meaning or significance of what is being expressed
* Social intelligence. The ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions
* Novel and adaptive thinking. Proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses beyond that which is rote or rule-based
* Cross-cultural competency. The ability to operate in different cultural settings
* Computational thinking. The ability to translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and to understand data-based reasoning
* New-media literacy. The ability to critically assess and develop content that uses new media forms and to leverage these media for persuasive communication
* Transdisciplinarity. Literacy in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines
* Design mind-set. Ability to represent and develop tasks and work processes for desired outcomes
* Cognitive load management. The ability to discriminate and filter information for importance and to understand how to maximize cognitive functioning using a variety of tools and techniques
* Virtual collaboration. The ability to work productively, drive engagement and demonstrate presence as a member of a virtual team
A little midnight reading of Mr. L. Cohen (Taken with Instagram at Velvet Unicorn)
Reblog to donate $5 to Archive.org — I (oats) will donate $5 for each reblog of this picture and the complete message below up to $1,500 to the Internet Archive. (sponsored by my side project Airborne LCDs)
Relevant Links: must include with your reblog!
I remember the guards in the Sistine Chapel shouting “NO FLASH”. I tried to ask them if HTML5 was ok in the chapel, they didn’t seem to agree / understand the question.