A few days ago I posted 10 things I learned in the process of successfully negotiating a CC license with a book publisher. This contract was for xtine burrough and my co-authored Digital Foundations, which takes the Bauhaus exercises and translates them into software based exercises. Yesterday Bob Chao posted it on CNET Taiwan fully translated. And then Po-chiang Chao put it up on the Taiwanese CC site.
This got me really excited about a HOWTO CC Translation Project. I have contacted CC’s Fred Benenson who is excited about it too. So, here’s the procedure:
- Read the original post
- Translate that post into one of the many many CC jurisdictional languages
- Post that translation to your blog; if you don’t have a blog, you can email it to me (michael – mandiberg – com)
- I will forward those links to Fred at CC, who will make sure they get to the person in charge of that language
- I will post links to translations on my blog as they come in
- We will make it easier to negotiate for Free Culture